Daily NEWS ,Latest News, Breaking News, National News, World News, India News update . Daily NEWS UPDATE fata fat daily breaking news

Featured Video

Monday, September 2, 2024

New top story on Hacker News: Does anyone integrate with their customers' DB directly?

Does anyone integrate with their customers' DB directly?
6 by johnyeocx | 9 comments on Hacker News.
Hey all, integrations with third-party SaaS vendors are super common these days, especially with all the AI tools complementing and enriching SaaS platforms, but as the title states, I'm curious to hear if anyone integrates directly with their customers' data store like Supabase, Snowflake, etc. In my last startup, we were building a chargeback management tool for fintechs, and essentially whenever a chargeback came in, we'd only get the transaction ID, so we'd have to query the fintech's database to search for that transaction ID and pull additional data points like name of seller, email of seller, etc. Now, when we did this, it was more of a scrappy workaround to the fintech not being able to dedicate engineering resources to send data to an API endpoint of ours. However, after a while, I thought to myself, there's nothing wrong with querying the fintech's DB as long as we're treating infosec seriously, and so now I'm curious to hear how common this practice is. Maybe it's just me, but it feels like integrating with internal DBs could allow a startup to onboard and go live with customers much more quickly. For some reason though, I haven't heard much of this around, so to be completely honest, I'm thinking of starting a tool to make this process easier / standardised. Before that though, I'm trying to wrap my head around the use cases for this so it'd be amazing to hear about your story of integrating directly with a customer's DB -- what was it for and how was the experience!

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sports

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Definition List